Monday, January 28, 2013

IT'S ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!

I don't think I have ever been so nervous and so excited for anything in my life. Well, except for having for three beautiful kids.  I wasn't even nervous getting married.  CRAP~I sign up for my first ever half marathon and I just don't know what to do with myself. 

Today Leah and I started our OFFICIAL TRAINING for our first half!  Whoop Whoop!  We are kind of following Hal Higdon's Novice 2 half marathon plan.  I know we can do the intermediate, but I don't want to mess with the numbers. 

If you followed my last post, you saw that Saturday was our longest run at 7.5 miles.   Needless to say the legs were still slightly sore so we took it easy.  Let's call it a recovery run.  I think I am going to start running with my husband on Sunday mornings just a few miles before church to loosen the legs, because once we ran today my legs felt great! 

We went our from my neighborhood which is a pretty easy route, nothing exciting scenery wise.  Occassionly we get surprised by sprinklers or by the country club mowing their lawn, but nothing crazy.  By the time we reach my 'hood again, we have about a half a mile left so we usually do two small intervals.  We ran the last .15 at a 7:24 and it felt great.  I know it's not a big deal for my ELITE friends, but for me it's kinda a big deal. I know my awesome ELITE friends love me either way.  They don't care how fast or slow I am and I am grateful for that.  You will read this statement a lot~I have an AMAZING support system.  My family, friends, and our running group the SUNCOAST STRIDERS are unconditionally supportive.  They never make me feel stupid(even though I feel that I way sometimes), they are my biggest cheerleaders, they bring me water or let me sip theirs, they stop and talk to me while they are running, and give great advice.  I couldn't get through this journey without them.  OMG~ I am getting teary eyed as I type this.  So~if you're reading this THANK YOU from the bottom of my heart.  ALL OF YOU! 

I decided on New Years Eve, as Leah & I were signing up for Iron Girl that if I was going to do this I was going to train smart.  Training smart= clean eating, or at least better eating ;)  So if you want to follow me on Myfitnesspal.com my username is Staubin5.  I am by no means perfect, but I am going to try to eat better.  I know that it will make a difference.  I need to find  a balance in what I am eating and how it effects my runs.  It's going to take some work, but I will figure it out.

Cheers til next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment