Sunday, January 20, 2013

6 miles~almost to the enchanted forrest....almost

Six Mile Saturday
Leah & I are two weeks out from our official Iron Girl training beginning!  Whoop~Whoop!  I am so excited.  We may be two weeks out from training, but we also have THE BEST DAMN RACE 10k in two weeks.  For my non-runner friends a 10k is 6.2 miles.  Sooooo, we did our 6 miles and it was freakin awesome!!!  It was seriously best run.  We had great weather, good company along the way, new scenery.  It was so refreshing. Here we are at water stop #1, approximately 1.25 miles out.
Barely even breaking a sweat!
By the time we got to this water stop we had already ditched the water belt and long sleeve shirt for me.

Again I forgot the freaking Garmin.  I figured Josh took the Garmin with him when he left since he was going for a longer run, but he didn't. Boo! Oh well.  I think we averaged between a 10:30 and 11:00 for the 6 miles. I know not real fast, but hey I'm not looking to win the race.....let's be real...that's not happening!  I'm just looking to prove to myself that I can do it.  I know that I can! 
AND guess what?  I am actually starting to like to run.  I mean really like it.  First I just went for social hour, but now I really like it.  Miracles do happen.

I love running at Starkey Park.  It is just so beautiful and it has a calming effect on me.  Leah and I ran out 3 miles and we realized we had finally reached new scenery.

I know some of you may be looking at this like what's the big damn deal, but when you run week after week and you finally see something new it's awesome!  So of course I had to stop and take a pic & then Leah got a little silly.

Hey~we had all the time in the world and let's face it we're fun!
After we took in the scenery we picked it up and started heading back to the shelter.  Life was good.  We talked along the way, teetered tottered with another runner, and then came across Petey the friendly deer.
I like looking at deers from a distance, but they terrify me.  Most things in the wild terrify me, but deer really do it for me.  ESPECIALLY after one of the girls from our running club just recently had a hit and run with a deer.  That's right, the deer did a hit and run!  She was ok, a little banged up from falling, but ok.  So I took a pic of Petey from a distance.  Bye Petey~til next time.

Our last mile and a half was pretty uneventful.  We just chilled at our chill pace.  Again~I am liking running.  By the time we got to where we had a half mile left I was ready to bring it home and kill that last half mile, but I needed some good jams.  I got out my phone and I knew exactly what I was looking for!  TURBULENCE by Steve Aoki.  OMG~whaat a killer song!  Our last half mile was fast and amazing!  We felt awesome!

So that was my Saturday.  Looking forward to my runs this week.  Here's my schedule:

Monday~co-teach Body combat
Tuesday~Run 3miles 530am
             Teach body combat10am
             Teach body combat 7pmn
Wednesday~learn the new combat release
                  teach spin 445pm
Thursday~Run 4 miles 530am
Friday~work on new combat release
Saturday~7 miles

No comments:

Post a Comment